Terms of Service/Waiver
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Failure to attend class does not signify or imply notification to cancel this agreement.
2. Student's failure to complete the course of instruction does not relieve the undersigned to pay the tuition in full.
3. Undersigned assumes all responsibility for any costs of collection, including but not limited to reasonable collection agency fees, court costs, reasonable attorney's fees, and applicable late charges that may be incurred for default payments.
4. School administrators may make any modifications in the class schedule as deemed necessary. Such modification does not relieve the undersigned of their payment obligations under any circumstances.
5. It is assumed that student will attend an average of 2 classes per week (unless specified differently herein).
6. School administrators may close the school on national holidays, for the purpose of special events, and a period not exceeding four weeks per year for necessary maintenance and other purposes without affecting scheduled tuition payments.
7. School administrators and those acting under its authority reserve the right to use photographs, videotapes, artwork or other likenesses of the student for marketing, trade, publishing or any other lawful purpose.
8. In consideration of the martial arts training obtained, student agrees not to engage in martial arts teaching practices within a fifty mile radius of the school, or any other school associated with the school's administrators, for a period of 3 years following disassociation with the school, without written permission.
9. Full payment of tuition fees does not guarantee belt certification by school administrators.
10. Membership is non-cancelable and non-transferable except as stated herein.
11. Student's failure to take scheduled lessons relieves the obligation of the school to provide lessons after the program end date.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
1. Student represents that (s)he is in good physical condition, is not suffering from any heart, lung or other bodily ailment and is in all respects physically fit to engage in the martial arts course.
2. Student has been advised that strict observance of the rules and regulations relative to martial arts self-defense training is mandated and includes the use of protective equipment. The school does not warrant that the protective equipment will completely eliminate the possibility of accident or injury but will substantially reduce the risk of accident or injury.
3, Physical contact will be used by employees of the school, other students and authorized individuals, as part of the course of instruction. Student has been advised of such fact and gives full consent to any physical contact as may be required or customary to martial arts training.
4. In recognition of the possibility of accident or injury connected with martial arts training, student waives any right or cause of action of any kind arising as the result of such activity from which any liability may or could accrue to the school, its officers, agents, employees, or instructors.
1. This agreement may be cancelled for any reason without penalty or further obligation within 3 days from the date of this agreement. The school shall refund all money paid by you within 30 days of receipt of this notice of cancellation. However, the school may retain expenses incurred and the portion of the total price representing the services used and completed based on the hourly rate stated herein ($15.00). Down payments are non-refundable after the 3 days.
2. If student becomes disabled for at least six (6) months during the membership terms, you have a right to an extension of this agreement. A letter must be submitted to the school from the student's physician explicitly stating medical condition and estimated time unable to participate in the martial arts program.
3. You may cancel this agreement if the student changes residence more than 25 miles from the school. Cancellation under this section requires written proof of new permanent address, phone number, and name and address of new employer. Cancellation is effective the date of move or upon official notification to the school, whichever is later. A residence investigation will then be conducted.
4. If student becomes deceased, you shall be relieved of further obligation under this agreement not then due and owing.